Monday, April 20, 2020

My MORNING COFFEE / and its secret ingredient.

A little spice, and all things nice.
My Mum has always been in to natural remedies, vitamins, supplements,  and the spice drawer in our house is overflowing. So I'm guessing this is where I've found an interest in it too. We love all things colourful and healthy, and our most recent golden find is 'Turmeric', a warming Indian (maybe that's why I like it so much) spice found in curry giving it the golden yellow colour - warning this stuff stains. Turmeric has so many health benefits primarily that it is anti-inflammatory and the fact it is a strong antioxidant. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric with medicinal properties.
Benefits include, better brain function, reduced risk of heart disease and cancer, used to prevent and treat alzheimer's disease, arthritis and even depression. 
If curcumin can really help prevent heart disease, cancer and alzheimer's, it would mean it has obvious benefits for longevity. For this reason it has become a very popular anti-ageing supplement.
After finding out all these glorious facts we were hooked and now I'm adding it to my daily routine through my coffee.

My Turmeric Coffee

How I make it -
1 shot of esspresso into your coffee cup (if you don't own a coffee machine and you're a coffee lover I highly recommend you invest in one asap).
In a jug add a flat 1tsp of Turmeric powder to your milk of choice, I like almond milk best (oat milk is also super delicious in coffee).
Heat the milk for around 30 seconds depending on your microwave strength.
Next, FROTH my favourite step. I either use a hand held aerolatte or this bodum frother featured in the picture above.
As you froth the milk and turmeric powder it will turn a lovely yellow.
Finally pour the milk into your espresso shot slowly and it will mix together to make a turmeric coffee!
I personally don't add sugar to my coffee as I love the subtle, warm spice flavour it creates, however if you prefer, you can always add some honey for some natural sweetness.

xxx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© India Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Theme Created by pipdig